Your Device's (Laptop, Computer, Smartphone, Tablet) IP Address is
How To Find My Public IP Address?
Most easiest way to find public ip address of your computer, laptop, smartphone or tablet is to use online tools like this. It is will instantly display your public ip address along with other information like location, ISP details etc.
Windows Tools / Command Prompt
If you are tech savvy, you can find public ip address using tools in Windows operating system.
- Open command prompt.
- Type ipconfig and press Enter key.
- It will display details of Windows IP configuration.
- Look for IPv4 Address.
This will work if you are connected to internet directly and not through router or modem. If you are connected through modem or router, it will show local ip address. In that case use online tools or router to find ip address.
When you use router or modem, your ISP assigns dynamic ip address to router or modem. That dynamically assigned ip address is also your public IP address also.
To find out ip address
- Open any browser.
- Type local ip address of router like 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. If you are not sure of router ip address, find it out from here.
- Login to router admin page using username and password. If you do not remember default username and password, get it from this page.
- After logging in to router console, open status page.
- On status page, look for WAN configuration. You will see public IP address assigned by ISP.