ASUS Dual Band Gigabit WiFi Router is an dual-band router that has got really nice features and has attracted many customers towards it by its high performance. If we take into consideration its wifi range it is really impressive. Nowadays you do not need WiFi just for surfing net. You need high speed wifi for streaming movies, playing games, connecting Google ChromeCast, Amazon Fire Stick to TV units.
ASUS Dual Band Gigabit WiFi Router with its processing power and operating bandwidth of 2.4GHz and 5GHz delivers aggregate speed of 1750Mbps. Which is much fast as compared to its other similar router products in the market. This router can help you perform extensive tasks like web browsing and document downloading on the 2.4GHz band, while at the same time enabling different gadgets to stream in HD or bolster web-based gaming and other requesting applications easily on the clearer 5GHz band.
Apart from its speed and connectivity, there are other notable features which draws attention to this wifi router is the functionality of the ASUS Router application. This application enables one to manage router, control settings and even update firmware, all without rebooting router.
The other Highlights of the ASUS Dual Band Gigabit WiFi Router are as follows:
- It has got an easy switch setup with ASUSWRT online interface which supports Operating Systems like - Linux, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 7, Mac OS X or higher, Windows 8.1 and others.
- It also has double core processor that provides impeccable performance even for demanding needs.
- AiProtection powered by Trend Micro help in multi-stage protection from vulnerability to secure and ensure the protection of sensitive data.
- Integrated USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports which enables printer sharing throughout your network and as well remote file access with the support of AiCloud 2.
As every product comes with some pros and cons so likewise with the number of positive sides this product is too accompanied by a negative aspect.
- Easier to set up. No complicated setup procedure.
- Managing and controlling router through smartphone.
- The AiProtection, it is a three-pronged security powered by Trend Micro that provides protection against virus, malware, phishing attacks. It keeps all devices on network secure and safe.
Apart, of its higher cost, this router is best for home use and small office.
This device has got the double interface with an advanced security gateway. An effortless switch setup with the ASUSWRT interface makes it childs play to operate it. This Asus router also comes with a lot better firmware, a lot more options for customization and others. The default firmware of this router is pretty powerful on its own. But if one wants to have more features and the ability to highly customize settings, one can load the awesome, 3rd party, Merlin firmware to get most of the functionality DD-WRT offers on other routers. Device has a good heat sink installed that keeps it cool even during heavy load. Moreover it has stable performance during peak load.
The best part with this device is that one can connect it with IPVanish VPN service directly through default firmware without having to flash to DD-WRT. The fact that one can connect to VPN service right from the ASUS firmware is a huge advantage for the users. ASUS has been ranked as the best in Wireless AC1750 market segment with MU-MIMO elite component.
Further, discussing the product appearance, it has nice exterior design and router has dimension of 5.8 x 1.7 x 8.5 inches with a weight of 0.64 kg.
And the best place to buy this product online is AMAZON. It has got 3605 customer reviews and being given 4.1 stars out of 5. With special offers and product promotions like the buy used and save, one can buy a used ASUS Dual Band Gigabit WiFi Router and get it at quite low price.
Setting up this router is easy. Just power on router and connect ethernet cable to laptop and router. Open router login ip 192.168.1.1 and follow instructions. Use login user and password to login to router panel.